Monday, April 12, 2010

Shiny Brilliance

All around me on this godforsaken island is sheer brilliance of white magic light emanating from all corners and lanes. As I start walking around 6:30 am from my logging unit to the accomodation, I am spellbound by the sheer nothingness and brilliance from the frozen sea at a far off distance from the rig. Its such a remarkable view with the sun rising and spreading its wings in the form of bright orange light in the skyline adjecent to the sea. And the moving fox adds life to this exotic piece of silent art. As I turn on my ipod with Led Zeppelin's no quarter, I am transcended to a different place alltogether. I feel like this place is like heaven somewhere in the clouds where only the gods and their good sons/daughters live. This is the power of music that can take man to a different place when in desperation.. As I keep walking, a strong chilly breeze starts to flow that makes my steps a tad bit longer and the speed faster towards the accomodation. Suddenly, I can find myself striving for breadth as I apply all my energy to walk faster. I realise how difficult it is for man to survive at -34 degrees and so I start running to save my life. Finally I reach the accomodation and thank god to have let me reach my destination without any mishaps. I convince myself , 10 days down, 12 more to go....then I will go back to where I belong, where life would be easy.

2 comments:

Swetank Gupta said...

Hey, never knew you had a blog!

I am kinda jealous with your location in this post even though you mention you want to get out. But I am jealous. It sounds beautiful.

Rajpreet said...

well written .... I know the feeling trust me ... its bad but winter's gonna end soon :)